Saturday, July 30, 2016

Negative Nancy

Confession time! I've complained a lot this summer. It started as a trickle, one or two comments about the occasional event not going the way I planned. Then it turned into a stream, and all of the sudden, two months later, it's a downpour of pessimistic negativity to everyone I speak to. The wake up call for me came this morning, as I started to dread another week of work. On a Saturday. It's preposterous because I love my job and yet, the past couple of weeks, I've only pointed out the reasons that my job is a bit more of a challenge than I'm used to. As I searched for a positive quote to focus on next week, I came across a saying from Charles Spurgeon:

"I have learned to kiss the wave that throws me against the Rock of Ages." 

How awesome is that? I suddenly realized that every time I chose to complain, I was missing an opportunity to truly experience God, in spite of what was going on around me.

Maybe you're more like me than you'd wish to admit. As another week approaches, take time to see each negative experience as an opportunity to trust God. Maybe instead of complaining, thank Him for always guiding your footsteps, even when the day isn't going the way you planned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hot Topics

God (2) college (2) grades (1) teaching (1)