Saturday, January 16, 2016

Fish in a Tree




"Jesus looked at them intently and said, 'Humanely speaking it is impossible. But with God everything is possible."

Matthew 19:26 NLT

One of my favorite quotes reads, "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." Can you imagine a fish trying to climb a tree? It seems like the most preposterous thing on Earth. Yet, this week of being a converted science enthusiast immersed in English classes has left me feeling like a fish climbing an impossibly tall out-of-water obstacle. 

I'm not giving up hope though. One of my favorite bible verses reads, "For I can do everything through Christ who gives me strength." (Phil. 4:13) Though it seems like a challenge now, I know with God's help I can do anything. 

Fun Fact: Scientists have recently discovered the Climbing Perch fish which can actually walk out of water for six days to its new destination. Maybe a fish climbing trees isn't so preposterous after all.

Whatever your fish climbing tree challenge, remember that with God, all things are possible. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hot Topics

God (2) college (2) grades (1) teaching (1)